SCB Grab Hire are experts in the waste removal industry. Our grab hire fleet services the Abingdon, Wheatley areas or any other location local to Oxfordshire. We pride ourselves on our commitment to recycling and the environment as well as our excellent waste management services.
This guide was written to help with the questions you may have about grab hire services.
Why Use A Grab Hire Service?
With a grab hire truck removing large amounts of waste is easy. The trucks have large hydraulic arms that can reach over and scoop up waste and deposit it in the back of the vehicle. The process requires little manpower or heavy lifting and is often the fastest way to remove bulk waste and dispose of it efficiently. The grab arm on the vehicle can even reach over walls and pick up the waste to be removed, this is what makes this service very convenient and stress free.
If you’ve got smaller loads of waste to be removed you may want to consider skip hire. Skips are great for DIY, home improvements, some garden jobs or if you’re having a good old fashioned clear out. You can find out more about SCB Skip Hire services here.
What Dimensions & Capacity are Grab Hire Trucks?
Our 6 or 8 wheel grab hire trucks are perfect for heavy bulky waste or garden clearance jobs. These vehicles have some whopping monster features:
- 8 wheel grab hire trucks weigh 16 tonnes when empty.
- Our largest grab trucks can carry up to 16 tonnes or 15 cubic meters of waste, whichever comes first, and they are available for hire per load or on daily hire.
- Our grab hire trucks are 3 meters wide.
- Our grab hire trucks need 3.8m of headroom and 2m for the hydraulic arm. In total, you need 6m of space for them to operate.
- Waste removal with our grab hire lorries can be completed in as little as 15 minutes from time of arrival. This depends of course on where the waste is located and how much waste needs to be removed.
- Our grab hire lorry hydraulic arms can reach up to 8 meters with a double extension added.
What Waste Materials Can SCB Grab Hire Accept?
In an ideal world we would recycle everything we collect in our grab hire truck. However we realise this isn’t always possible. We screen everything we collect and are committed to recycle as much waste as possible.
This is the list of things that we do and do not collect and what happens to it after we process it:
Grab Hire Recyclable Waste
- Earth & soil
- Non Hazardous Waste
- Concrete bricks
- Garden & Tree Waste
- Topsoil & hardcore
Waste Suitable for Landfill
- General Rubbish
- Some types of hazardous waste
Hazardous Waste Grab Hire Trucks Can’t Collect
- Gas bottles
- Paints & oils
With SCB Grab Hire service, our friendly, qualified driver operators will collect your waste materials quickly and efficiently with our fleet of modern grab hire trucks in Oxfordshire.
To book our grab hire services simply give us a call on 01865 820064 – leave your waste in a convenient place for collection and we’ll do the rest.
SCB Grab Hire offer fast and reliable grab hire services in the following ares:
- Chipping Norton